Thursday, July 25, 2013

Winter Wonderland

Vail Square
Colorado is a beautiful state. I am not from there but my husband is. He grew up in a little town called Fort Morgan on a wheat farm and went to college at CSU. He also spent many winters in Vail, Colorado. His family would go skiing, tubing and just enjoying all of the attractions Vail has to offer.

Vail is known for the original Ski Resort and has the second largest ski mountain in the USA.
The winter following our Tahiti trip my pilot took me to Vail. I had never been there. It was a winter wonderland!
Vail is exactly how you would picture a ski resort to look like, only better!

We went to Vail right after Christmas. We wanted to spend a few days there and then head to Denver, Colorado to spend New Years Eve. We stayed in a condo, went and toured the town and shops, ate some delicious meals, went tubing down Adventure Ridge, and I got fabulous a massage.
Vail has many things to offer, not just skiing and tubing. I would love to go back during spring or summer and see what it looks like and find more things to do. 

Here are a few websites that you can check out to find out more about Vail, Colorado for things to do in the warmer seasons and the cooler ones.
Adventure Ridge


To go along with with this winter wonderland, how about another fairytale story?? Well after we left Vail, we were on our way to Denver, Colorado to spend New Years Eve at a party in one of the downtown hotels. When we got to our hotel I was standing in the lobby waiting for my pilot to check us in and some guy comes behind me and covers my eyes. That was scary! I turn around and I see two of my favorite friends and their husbands! My pilot did some under cover work while we were in Vail and invited some of our very close friends to come to Denver to bring in the New Year with us. I thought that was so sweet and did not expect anything more. I was just excited to bring in the New Year with close friends and the man I love.

Downtown Denver
Later we went to dinner, got all dressed up and headed to our New Year's party. Right before midnight they started counting down and all of a sudden my pilot was kneeling down on one knee! I about fainted. I was not expecting a proposal! It could not have been more perfect! In the background fireworks started going off and I was saying YES! He had planned the whole thing while we were in Vail. He even called ahead of time and got my parents consent. That was a night of surprises I will never forget! 
 
If you are a Bronco's or a Rockies' fan or have ever been interested in going to Denver, Colorado, here are some resources for you to check out!





3 comments:

  1. Oh man, where to start! First off, your pilot seems like a very romantic guy! What a great trip full of surprises! Congrats on your engagement!

    I have never been to Colorado but I have always wanted to go. It is on my Go To list that I have going. You made me want to go even more now. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE stories like that! It gave me goosebumps to read, you truly do have a fairytale with that husband of yours. I have never been to Colorado, but have cousins there and have always wanted to go. I find it crazy that there are so many different climates in one state. They live in a dry, almost desert-like area.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazingly thoughtful proposal! I love your travel stories and reading about all the places you have been. I have never been to Colorado, buts it's on my places to visit list. Your pictures and descriptions make me want to go relax at a lodge even more.

    ReplyDelete